The ISO Spectrometer Data Centre
(ISOSDC) at MPE is the German centre
for scientific analysis
of spectroscopic observations with the Infrared Space Observatory ISO.
MPE was a major contributor to the Short
Wavelength Spectrometer (SWS,
P.I. Thijs de Graauw, SRON) and
therefore, in collaboration with SRON, KUL and ESA Astrophysics Division, was heavily involved in ISO
pre-launch, in-operations, post-operations and Active Archive Phase activities. It hosts expertise in
hardware, software, reduction and scientific analysis of ISO data.
Scientific Analysis of ISO Observations:
- The scientific activities of the ISO Spectrometer Data Centre are part of the research of the
- IR and Sub-Millimeter Astronomy Department at MPE.
- The primary scientific interests of MPE were observed under the ISO Guaranteed Time
- Programmes. A quick overview over the scientific background is given by the submitted proposals:
- MPEXGAL: Infrared Spectroscopy of Bright Galactic Nuclei and
- the Connection between Star Formation and AGNs
- MPEWARM: Physical and Chemical Conditions in Dense, Warm Interstellar Gas
- In addition, approximately 60 Open Time Proposals from MPE astronomers and co-workers
- were accepted and executed by ISO.
- Scientific results related to ISO may be found in Preprints & Publications and selected
- reduced data may be accessed from Reduced data from MPE publications
Support for ISO Observers:The ISOSDC at MPE Garching welcomes visitors requiring assistance for analysing spectroscopic
observations with ISO. Expert knowledge, computing facilities and special software packages to
process spectroscopic observations with ISO are made available to inquirers and visitors of the ISOSDC.
Support from the ISOSDC Software Observer's SWS Interactive Analysis (OSIA) ISO Spectral Analysis Package (ISAP) Other ISO data analysis software links IR related Software links ISO related information Access to general ISO information and the Data Archive ISO SWS Instrument Page IR Line lists for Atoms and Molecules ISOWEB
Phone: ++49 / +89 / 30000 3623
Fax: ++49 / +89 / 30000 3490
E-Mail: isodata @ mpe.mpg.de
MPE home page | IR/SubMM department | ISOWEB server list
Last update: 12.03.2002 by A. Verma