PNS MANUAL: installation / laptop
Compiling the program
The HP (Microsoft) laptop, running under XP,
replaced the older DOS machine in 2007.
The control software may operate on other versions
of Microsoft, but this has not been tested. Also,
versions of Windows higher than XP will likely not
allow re-compilation (if needed) with our BORLAND compiler.
Note that, to date, compilation of all versions have been done
by Erik de Wit of ElektonX in Assen NL.
USE OF THE LAPTOP:
- DO NOT activate fingerprint registration!!
- Store the laptop in its satchel when not in use.
- The laptop is registered with the ING
wireless network and modest use of internet is ok. Do
not install other programs.
Note that if you need to install the software
on a different machine the most convenient thing is to
copy over an existing Windows XP executable file.
The current executable is
which should be renamed "PNS.exe" upon installation.
It is in fact Version 2.4 build 080123 (jan 2008).
Only is something has gone wrong (such as wiping
the hard disk) will you need to
re-install the compiler, but if thst is the case
follow the following steps:
Installing the Compiler
- Installing Borland C++ compiler: from (2)disks.
(last installation ND 19/10/2007)
- C++ Builder 6
- typical installation
- VISI/CORBA - no
- office 2000 controls
- <.....interbase client - no
- <.....save installn dbase - yes
- Set Build_exe_only_readme
- Install C++ comport.txt
- START - C++ builder
- find a recent source code, such as that
on the Jan 2008 CD.
- file -> open project - project2.bpr
- P0510_V2 ... Project2.~bpr
About this Document
We need your input, to keep these notes up-to-date.
Please add to this document, or create new ones which can be
linked from it. Edit the document directly.
Last updated ND 9-3-2008.
Documents of this background colour
are part of a set linked from the manual